During this course, you will be introduced to the principles of cloud computing and will become familiar how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. You will walk through the process of implementing the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage and learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure virtual machines (VMs), Web Apps, and SQL Databases.
Each individual Microsoft Official Course On-Demand includes 3 months (or 12 months with purchase of Microsoft Total Access Collection) of 24x7 access to the following:
HD-quality streaming videos that adapt to your connection speed and device
Hands-on live labs with integrated lab steps and ability to save and resume labs
Knowledge checks for comprehensive assessments
24x7 mentoring via chat, email and phone
What You’ll Learn
Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
Describe and create Azure Web Apps.
Create and configure VMs in Microsoft Azure.
Create an Azure virtual network.
Describe Azure storage.
Describe and deploy databases in Azure.
Describe Azure AD.
Who Needs to Attend
IT professionals with limited knowledge of cloud technologies specific to Microsoft Azure
Administrators, developers, and database administrators who want to evaluate Microsoft Azure
Basic understanding of:
AD concepts including domains, users, and domain controllers
Database concepts including tables and simple queries
Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions (M20532)
Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions (M20533)
1. Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
• Introduction to Cloud Computing
• Introduction to Microsoft Azure
• Managing Azure
• Subscription Management and Billing
2. Microsoft Azure management tools
• What is Azure PowerShellThe Azure SDK and the Azure CLI
3.. Virtual Machines
• Create and Configure Virtual Machines
• Configure Disks
4. Web Apps and cloud services
• Creating and configuring web apps Deploy and Monitor web apps
• Create and Deploy PaaS cloud services
5. Creating and Configuring Virtual Networks
• Getting Started with Virtual Networks
• Creating a Virtual Network
• Implementing Point-to-Site Networks
6. Cloud Storage
• Understand Cloud Storage
• Create and Manage Storage
7. Microsoft Azure Databases
• Understand Relational Database Deployment Options
• Create and Connect to SQL Databases
8. Creating and Managing Azure Active Directory
• Manage Azure AD Objects
• Manage Authentication
Note: Given the dynamic nature of Microsoft cloud tools, you may experience changes in the interface that do not match up with courseware. Your Global Knowledge instructor will teach to the latest release, and guide you through the updates as needed.
Lab 1: Using the Microsoft Azure Portal
• Customize the Azure Portal Interface
• View Billing Data
Lab 2: Using Microsoft Azure management tools
• Using the Azure PowerShell modules
• Use the Azure CLI
Lab 3: Create a Virtual Machine in Microsoft Azure
• Create a Virtual Machine from the Gallery
• Verify the functionality of the Virtual Machine
• Attach a Data Disk
Lab 4: Web Apps and Cloud Services
• Create a WordPress Website
• Create a Cloud Service
Lab 5: Create a Virtual Network
• Creating a Virtual Network
• Verifying virtual network functionality
Lab 6: Configure Azure Storage
• Create an Azure Storage Account
• Create and Manage Blobs
Lab 7: Create a SQL Database
• Create a New SQL Database in Azure and Configure SQL Server Firewall Rules
• Add Data to an SQL Database in Azure by Using SQL Server Management Studio
Lab 8: Create Users in Azure Active Directory tenants
• Create Users in Azure AD
• Create a new Azure AD Tenant and a custom DNS domain